- We believe that there is one God who exists in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and that he created the Universe and sustains it moment by moment.
- We believe that God has revealed himself in the Creation putting his power and
wisdom on display in the things he has made. And, we believe that he has revealed himself in the Hebrew and Greek Scriptures, the Bible. The Bible is inspired and inerrant and is completely trustworthy in all matters with which it deals.
- We believe that God created mankind (male and female) to be his image-bearers, to live for his glory and to care for his creation. Mankind fell from its state of original perfection through the disobedience of our first parents. All human beings are now born in a fallen condition and are without any spiritual hope by nature.
- We believe that God planned a salvation through his Son, Jesus, before the world was made. The Lord Jesus became a man by being conceived of the Holy Spirit in the womb of the Virgin Mary. He was both fully God and fully man. He lived a life of perfect obedience to his Father. He died on the Cross as an atoning sacrifice for the sins of his people; he rose from death on the third day; he has ascended to heaven and reigns in glory with his Father.
- We believe that salvation is entirely a result of God’s grace and not achieved by human activity or merit. Repentance for sin with faith in Jesus Christ as revealed in the Gospel is the only way by which mankind may be reconciled to God. All who trust in Jesus Christ are forgiven, justified, sanctified and glorified.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit has come in fulness from heaven as a result of the saving work of Jesus Christ. He glorifies Christ by convicting men and women of their sin, opening their eyes to Christ’s saving work, and giving them new birth into the family of God.
- We believe that the universal church is the Body of Christ of which he is the head. All those who are born of the Spirit belong to the church. True churches are those congregations in which the truth of the Scriptures is believed and preached, the sacraments of baptism and the Lord’s Supper are practised, and Christ is present by his Spirit.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus will return from heaven to bring in a final judgement. He will bring about a new heavens and earth and will receive his church into eternal partnership with himself in the glory of the new creation.